Singapore is a small but vibrant city-state known for its modern infrastructure, delicious food and diverse culture. If you’re an airline staff or travel industry employee visiting Singapore for work or on holiday, here are some hidden gems that you won’t want to miss:
- Kampong Glam: This historic neighbourhood is home to the city’s Muslim and Malay communities and features colourful street art, traditional shophouses, and the iconic Sultan Mosque.
- Tiong Bahru: This charming neighbourhood is known for its pre-war architecture and is home to many independent boutiques, cafes, and bookstores.
- The Southern Ridges: This series of parks and nature reserves offer beautiful views of the city and hiking and biking trails.
- The National Museum of Singapore: This museum offers an in-depth look at the city’s history and culture, with exhibits on everything from colonial history to contemporary art.
- The Southern Islands: A short ferry ride from Marina Bay will take you to the Southern Islands, which are home to some of the most beautiful beaches and parks in Singapore
- The Singapore Botanic Gardens: This beautiful garden is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers a variety of gardens, including the National Orchid Garden and the Rain Forest.
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve: This nature reserve is home to various migratory birds and other wildlife and is an excellent place for birdwatching and nature photography.
- The National Library of Singapore: This library is home to a vast collection of books, magazines, and other materials and offers a peaceful place to read and study.
- The Esplanade: This performing arts centre is home to several theatres and concert halls and offers a wide variety of performances throughout the year.
- The Clifford Pier: This historic pier is now a restaurant and bar and offers beautiful views of the Marina Bay skyline and the Merlion.
These hidden gems in Singapore will allow you to explore the city’s rich culture and history. You can have a unique and authentic experience in the city as a travel industry employee or airline staff. Happy exploring!