Orlando, Florida, is a popular tourist destination known for its theme parks and attractions, but there’s so much more to the city than just Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter. If you’re airline staff or travel industry employee visiting Orlando for work or on holiday, here are some hidden gems that you won’t want to miss:
- Leu Gardens: This 50-acre botanical garden offers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and features a variety of plants, flowers, and trees from around the world.
- The Orlando Museum of Art: This museum features an impressive collection of American art and travelling exhibitions from around the world.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art: This museum is home to the world’s most comprehensive collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany’s works, including jewellery, pottery, paintings, and his famous leaded-glass lamps.
- Lake Eola Park: This 43-acre park in the heart of Orlando offers a picturesque setting for a picnic, a paddleboat ride, or a stroll around the lake.
- The Winter Park Chain of Lakes: This picturesque network of lakes is perfect for boating, fishing, and picnicking and is home to various wildlife, including alligators, otters, and herons.
- The Green Meadows Petting Farm: This working farm offers a chance to interact with a variety of animals, including cows, pigs, sheep, and goats.
- The Orlando Science Center: This hands-on science museum is a great place to learn about the natural world and features interactive exhibits, live demonstrations, and an IMAX theatre.
- The Orlando Shakespeare Theater: This theatre company presents a variety of productions throughout the year, including classic plays, musicals, and contemporary works.
- The Orlando International Fringe Theater Festival: This annual festival features a variety of performances by local and international theatre companies.
- The Black Hammock Adventures: This unique attraction offers an airboat tour through the Florida Everglades, where visitors can see alligators, eagles, and other wildlife up close.
These hidden gems will allow you to experience Orlando’s more diverse and cultural side. As a travel industry employee or airline staff, you can enjoy a unique experience in the city. Happy exploring!