Dubai is known for its luxury shopping, towering skyscrapers, and opulent architecture. However, it can be easy for airline staff and travel industry employees who may have visited the city multiple times to stick to the same well-trodden tourist spots. To help you discover some hidden gems in Dubai, here are ten off-the-beaten-path places to check out on your next visit.
- Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood: This traditional neighbourhood is home to a variety of traditional courtyard houses and wind towers and offers a glimpse into Dubai’s past. Visitors can explore the narrow streets and visit the Dubai Museum in an 18th-century fort.
- The Dubai Textile Souk: This traditional market is located in the heart of Dubai’s historic district and is a great place to find traditional textiles, spices, and other souvenirs.
- The Dubai Frame: This unusual architectural landmark offers a unique perspective on the city, with views from the top of the frame that takes in both old and new Dubai.
- The Dubai Creek: This historic waterway is the heart of the city and offers a variety of activities such as taking an abra ride, visiting the gold, spice and textile souks, and dining in traditional restaurants.
- The Dubai Miracle Garden: This garden is home to a wide variety of flowers, including a wide variety of roses, and is a great place to take a stroll and enjoy some greenery.
- The Dubai Museum of the Future: This museum is dedicated to showcasing innovation and future technology and offers a glimpse into what the future may hold for Dubai.
- The Dubai Food Tour: This tour takes visitors to some of the city’s best traditional and street food spots and offers a chance to sample the local cuisine.
- The Dubai Heritage Village: This traditional village is a reconstruction of a pre-oil Bedouin community and offers a glimpse into the traditional way of life in Dubai.
- The Dubai Butterfly Garden: This garden is home to a wide variety of butterflies and offers visitors the chance to walk among the butterflies.
- The Dubai Creek Park: This park is a great place to relax and offers a wide variety of activities, such as boating, picnics, and ice skating.
By visiting these hidden gems, airline staff and travel industry employees can experience a different side of Dubai and gain a deeper understanding of the city’s history, culture, and tradition. These places are not only unique but also a great way to spend a day off while working in Dubai.